My blogging days are back, hopefully this time they'll be more interesting than just relationship issues of the past. I've entitled my blog "It Is Well With My Soul..." simply because I've learned over the years that no matter what life throws my way I have to step up to the plate and accept the things I cannot change;therefore, those things are "well with my soul." I've grown up a lot, especially in the last four years. I've become an adult and as much as I want to still be small, I'm not. The older I get the more thankful I am for the family, friends, and acquaintances God has placed in my life.
It's funny how your life turns out to be nothing you ever expected it would be. Had you asked me six years ago what my plans for the future were I'd tell you I wanted to be a doctor or math teacher. College changed those plans quickly. I'm currently in my Senior year of college and God granted I'm not going to be a doctor or math teacher. Turns out I'm terrible at math and becoming a doctor just seemed to take too long. I'm going to be an Athletic Trainer. My intentions are to still go to graduate school and become a teacher, just not math... science.
Recently, life has been complicated and surreal. On April 27,2011 my life changed drastically in a small matter of time. In fact, five minutes to be exact. That Wednesday was no different than any other Wednesday. I went to class, gave an oral practicum to another class, and then went to clinicals. Although there had been a threat for severe weather all day, I never took it very seriously. At 5:34 p.m. I found myself huddling for my life in the basement of Coleman Coliseum. A EF5 tornado swept through Tuscaloosa tearing the city, I love so much, to bits and pieces. In the midst of so much bad, from the tornado, God still showed what good he can do for people who love him. You know, I think that tornado was my wake up call. Sometimes I struggle hearing everything God tells me, simply because I try to listen to myself before God. As I prayed that night, praying for my life, for my friends, for my family, for my city, God answered "My child you have the power to help others." I have never felt such a calm and stillness as I did that Wednesday night. It literally felt like God covered me with his wings and shielded me from the noise and destruction.God spared me so that I could be a witness to others.
I have no idea what God has in plan for my life. In all honesty, I've stopped trying to figure it out. Whatever he has planned for me will be "well with my soul." I hope God blesses you today, and that you mention what a wonderful Savior Jesus Christ is to someone who doesn't know about him. Thank you for reading my first blog, there will be many more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment