I debated on what I should blog about today, and it literally hit me when I was "creepin" one of my best friends on Facebook (She understands, really she does).
Love is Strength.
You can't have one without the other. Just think about it; you are stronger just by knowing someone loves you, just as you are stronger by loving another.
What gets you through another day? You're love for someone or something, right?
That brings me to this. A story about love and how it provides strength.
Many of you know her. She's my first best friend (outside of family and church friends). We met when we were three years old at Studio B. Our friendship has been just as strong since the day we met till now (now being 19 years later). We've both grown up and now she's an old married lady. (Kidding.)
Meet Jerika Scott Brannon. (See picture below, she's the one on the left)
I admire Jerika for numerous reasons but I can't name all of them in this blog, however I'll touch on the two most important reasons.
#1 She has good taste in men.(haha)
Ladies and gentlemen, please meet Jerika's husband Bo Brannon (See picture below).
Together they depict what I was talking about earlier, Love is Strength. Jerika and Bo have been through A LOT together. In fact, "a lot" doesn't even begin to describe it. I'm not going into any details because most of you probably already know. I just know that I could not handle what they've been through alone.
I admire Jerika because...
#2 She loves unconditionally
She loves me. She loves every member of my family. She loves our other best friends Lindsey McCormick, Sara McKnight, and Megan Adams Keenum. She loves Bo. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY she loves Jesus Christ, her Lord and Savior.
Whether she knows it or not her love for Bo is a majority of his strength to heal. And whether she knows it or not, her love for Jesus Christ will give Bo and her the strength to get through these uncertain days.
I just thought she might need to hear that.
Jerika and Bo, your love for one another as for Christ is your strength. You both are two of the strongest people I've ever known; physically, mentally, and spiritually.
I love you guys, just had y'all on my mind.
"The Lord is my rock and my salvation; He is my stronghold, I will NOT be shaken." Psalm 62:6
"The Lord is my rock and my salvation; He is my stronghold, I will NOT be shaken." Psalm 62:6
Stronger- Hillsongs United

No comments:
Post a Comment